Lost Stock partners with British Heart Foundation
Lost Stock has partnered with the British Heart Foundation (BHF) to help you find a new home for your unwanted new or preloved items. From helping to fund life-saving research into heart and circulatory diseases, to saving items from landfill; donating the things you no longer need can do a world of good.
You can now donate any Lost Stock items you don't want to keep, as well as other items you have at home that are ready to find a new home - it is so easy to send off the BHF using their new freepost service, available from over 7,500 Collect+ drop off points. Just send your packaged up, good quality items and help the BHF beat the heartbreak caused by heart and circulatory diseases, such as heart failure, stroke or vascular dementia.
Posting your items is easy
Donating through the BHF freepost service couldn't be easier - just follow these four simple steps.
- Select the items you wish to donate via freepost.
- Package your items up in an envelope, parcel or box of your choice. Each freepost donation can weigh up to 10kg.
- Request a freepost label (this will be emailed to you) and print your label at home.
- Take your packaged donation to a Collect+ drop off point so it can be posted to the BHF for free.
What can you donate?
Your donations help fund life saving research, so it's important they're in good condition. You can donate items you’ve received from Lost Stock or anything else you have in your wardrobe. BHF shops particularly need branded clothing, jewellery, unopened board games, books, vinyl records and ornaments.
Why have a clear out?
Here are just a few reasons to help get you motivated!
- Value your things more: Keep what you love, donate what you don’t. Your items will be treasured by someone new!
- Less is more: Fewer items in your home or wardrobe means less to maintain, clean, or organise - giving you more space and peace of mind.
- Declutter and do good: Giving away your preloved items can help BHF to raise funds for vital life saving research into heart and circulatory diseases.
- Help the environment: BHF sell 94% of all clothing donated, reducing the environmental impact of producing new textiles
Why support BHF?
- Every three minutes in the UK, a family loses a loved one to a heart and circulatory disease.
- Every pound raised, every minute of your time and every donation to our shops, will help make a massive difference and help to fund life saving research.
- BHF saved 71,000 tonnes of items from going to landfill in 2019. Donations like yours help to reduce the environmental impact of waste.